Monday, August 2, 2010

Lucky Loves Dinner for 2







As much as my husband do or don't go out to dinner for that matter or even host parties at our house....we thought for our anniversary dinner we would enjoy each other at our home and create a wonderful evening for ourselves to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  Here you have our "Lucky Loves...Dinner for 2"....









That is exactly what it was…..I cook five nights a week so we decided that he would cook so I could do what I get the most joy out of and “set the scene” so to speak.

So with a little inspiration from some fabulous women like Martha Stewart, Chris from Celebrations at Home and Gloria from Glorious Treats here is what the evening entailed....

Celebrations at Home posts many inspiring parties one of which was this birthday party she had created. I wanted to bring my indoors out and I did just that.   I shopped my home for decor from vases, to shabby chic trays (that were in storage that I had come across when organizing my closets early this summer), my grandmother's china, finials, and even the cocktail napkins from our wedding day.  

The dinner table
Flower arrangement... DIY mason jar vases that I spray painted the caps with chalkboard paint and wrote the date of our anniversary date, lucky loves and BFF's.


I set up an after dinner dessert area where I had set candle light, more flower arrangements, conversation card games, cocktails & of course desserts!  The yellow roses and hydrangeas were the centerpieces from our wedding.  So a perfect idea to recreate and use for inspiration! 
Flower arrangements and outdoor lighting inspiration from Martha Stewart she has so many great ideas click on the link to se the floral votives above and many more! 

This chest is from my kitchen and used to display our desserts, games, cocktails & glasses.  Thanks Chris from Celebrations at Home for this great idea!  
The specifics of our desserts & cocktails-
  When my husband and I do get to go out to dinner we always have an espresso martini to remember our "dating days".   I baked mocha chocolate espresso vanilla cupcakes to go with our cocktails of espresso martini's along with cream cheese buttercream with Meyer lemon cupcakes.



Cupcakes with hand stamped fondant toppers and hydrangea cupcakes inspired by Glorious Treats ( I did use my own recipes for the cupcakes and added leaves to my cupcakes :)
Drinks..... espresso martini's and a smooth pinot noir
what would an evening be without poms& lanterns :)












A few other things....
I love my glasses that I recently got from a garage sale (set of 4 only $10!) and these depression cut glass off of ebay (set of 4 only $12) 

And here are the hydrangea cupcakes close up.  The next day was my grandmothers 95th birthday that we took the extra's too for her celebration! 


We had such a nice, romantic & perfect summer evening to celebrate our anniversary.  My husband was the chef that night and prepared an amazing dinner of filet in a red wine rosemary garlic reduction (mouth watering) and lobster tail (my fav)! And thanks to my Mom for taking our girls to stay overnight! 

I encourage everyone to take some time and enjoy the home and things you have in a dinner for two.  A lucky love I certainly feel as though I am to have a great husband & home to celebrate our love!  

Peace, love & dinners at home~

Stacy






2 comments:

  1. Thank you! And I personally got to enjoy every minute of it which was the best part!

    ReplyDelete