Saturday, May 1, 2010

Behind the Name

Funny because I actually love the name for my blog "Scrumptious Swirls"!  And the story behind the name is this.....

When I was in high school my nickname from all my friends was "Scrumptch" (Scrumptious), never really ask why, perhaps because I was sweet :).  I still run into people today and they bring up the nickname.  In fact last year I had brought out my year book to show my oldest daughter and she asked "Mom who is Scrumptch?".  So in thinking of names for my new venture and trying to stay far far away from anything like "baby cakes or sweet cakes" I thought of Scrumptious Swirls by Stacy.

So where did "Swirls" come from??  I love creating different flavor buttercreams and piping swirls with it onto cupcakes.  I started doing three swirls because I have three very charming & beautiful daughters;  Haley Rose, Emma Mae & Margaret Grace.  When I started my cupcake creations I always top my cupcakes with 3 swirls....1 for each.

So there you have it!
A story behind the name "Scrumptious Swirls"

And if some day I get the chance to open my own bakery I hope to name it
"Swirls by Stacy Marie"
I love my name~ and I think it would be a great way to honor my parents!
What is behind your name??

No comments:

Post a Comment