Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Wedding Favors Idea

Hi!  I know many of you including myself are thrilled that the biggest Royal Wedding in history of this decade is less than 48 hours away!  My oldest daughter, who is 11 is so intrigued by all the details surrounding the wedding.  She spent hours yesterday reading about the family tree and all about the Royal Family!  I love it!  


Luckily for us, we are on the East Coast and Live coverage begins at 4am, I wouldn't miss it! We have been watching Royal Family episodes this whole week.   Haley plans on waking at 5am to watch, as many of her friends to she said.  But then she does need to get off to school that day by 7:45am.   I thought it would be a cute idea to make her & the other girls at her lunch table Will & Kate Royal Wedding favors.  Haley will take them to hand out on Friday at lunch! (Yes, I am that Mom, but the girls will love it I'm sure!) I also jump at any chance to send in special treats for the girls or class!


With the help of Kim from The Tomkat Studio's Free printables & a box of TastyKake lemon krimpets it was simple!  Here is what you need:

Printables ~ Click here for The TomKat Studio to download your free printables
Box of Tastykake Krimpets or any short of cake package sweets
Ribbon
2 inch craft punch
Ribbon punch
Treat Bags





There you have it a sweet Will & Kate Royal Wedding Favor for my daughter & her friends!  




Peace, Love & Royal Wedding Favors,


Stacy

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love what you are building here, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Your daughter and her friends will probably remember this more than the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I bet the girls will be so thrilled to get this treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! The girls are going to have so much fun!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is suddenly interested in the Royal Wedding and requested that I record it on DVR. She is only 9 and told me she is going to move to England to find a prince so she could be a princess! I am your newest follower thanks to the Tomkat Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love...I miss Tasty Kakes too. Always bring some home from my beach trip to Ocean City MD!!!

    Out of curiosity, what punch shape did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute i love it,cant waite for the royal wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So cute!
    I'd also love to know what punch shape you used, it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone! I know they'll enjoy & remember it, the little things :)!
    Michele & Alisha the punch is the the Martha Stewart fancy square punch, you can see it on my side bar in the Amazon box. This is one too~ http://www.amazon.com/Mc-Gill-Stacking-4-Inch-Square/dp/B0027M4CRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=arts-crafts&qid=1303950860&sr=1-1
    Thanks again for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good mommy! My girls are still young for this...LOL.... You win the "best mommy" award! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete