Friday, December 17, 2010

A Festive Holiday Cocktail

Who's ready to enjoy a cocktail?  I know I am!!  I have to postpone my 4 additional cookie recipes until Monday.  My dear husband bought a 12-13 ft Douglas Fir Christmas Tree.  The largest we have ever bought is a 8 ft. The tree is gorgeous don't get me wrong and will be a lot of work.   I guess our recent trip to Rockefellar Center & Radio City Music Hall where Martha Stewart's Craft Department decorated a magical tree was a bit to inspirational for him.

Here is a perfect Martini with a Red Licorice Wheel as a garnish~
 Strawberry Lemon Drop Martini

1 1/2 oz Stoli® Strasberi vodka
2 oz sweet and sour mix
3 drops lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar





Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake. Place the rim of a chilled cocktail/martini glass in a bowl of lemon juice, then dip the rim into green sugar to coat the rim. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass, cut a slit in your licorice wheel, garnish & ENJOY!!

Happy Weekend~ Enjoy all your parties this weekend!!  Be Safe!

Peace, Love & Festive Martini's~

Stacy




1 comment: