Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PB Buttercream Recipe & Stella and Dot inspired cake








Recently I was in a grocery line check out by myself (not normal) and I was checking out the candy display.  Usually I can’t even look at it because I have 3 girls and we try to avoid bringing any attention towards it, honestly I point to someone and tell the girls “it is that man’s over there please don’t touch” ;).  What can I say it works and I have already said “no” to about 20 other items in the store by that point this is easier for me, again it works and doesn’t cause a scene. 
Photo via Candy Warehouse


Anyway, I notice that there are dark chocolate Reese’s cups which had me create this cupcake for a Stella & Dot party I did this weekend! 

Here are the photo’s of the cupcakes and cake!!  Everyone loved them and I got so many compliments on how everything tasted and looked ;) because it is all about the “Taste & Presentation” with me ;)

Peanut Butter buttercream & dark chocolate cupcake


mocha espresso buttercream on white butter cupcake


Oreo cookie buttercream on a white butter cupcake
Cake I did was inspired by the Jenna & Natashia Necklaces~ they are both so pretty! Here is Tracey's website who was the S&D stylist for this party.






Now for the recipe for the Peanut Butter Buttercream~ a simple & scrumptious recipe for the peanut butter buttercream which I know you will absolutely love!

What you need for the buttercream~

1 stick or 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2-3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter 
 (I use Smuckers Natural PB ~ Creamy style. It is one of the best PB out there nothing added just peanuts & a little bit of salt)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 box of confectioner’s sugar or 4 cups
3-4 table spoons of heavy cream

Here what you do~ seriously you need to make this and it is so quick maybe 10 to 15 minutes total time to make it!
 
Cream with your mixer the butter & peanut butter until well blended and creamy
Mix in your vanilla

Add your sugar one cup at a time total of 4 it should look something like this~


Then add your cream 3 tablespoons at first beat well at least 3-4 minutes.  If during the time the buttercream isn’t coming together well add another tablespoon of cream.  If you add too much cream and it becomes to thin just add a little more sugar. 


There really is no reason to buy store bought buttercream~ I am sharing this simple & easy recipe with you so you can make your own scrumptious treat!!

Make sense?  Any questions leave a comment or send me an email!  Would love to hear from you!

Enjoy your day!

Peace, Love & Peanut Butter,

Stacy

3 comments: