Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cute S'more Treats - Perfect for Pre-Schoolers

Here is a quick in expensive cute pre-school age treat you can put together quickly.   The presentation of it looks as cute as my little ladybug did today! Well you will see below, she was cute but by her looks she wasn't happy! 

Back to the cute s'more treats she handed out today! These are perfect for the classroom or cute little neighbors you will have as trick and treaters Sunday.  
How Cute are These??  
Photobucket



Here's what you need~
Photobucket

I got all of things at our Super Walmart

Snack Packs of Teddy Grahams- box of 12 for $3.00
Bag of snack size Hershey Bars - $2.50
Snack Pack of Kraft Boo Mallows  - $2.50
Clear Treat Bags by Wilton - $2.00
White Treat Boxes in the party section of Walmart - 8 for $1.50
Ribbon - $1.97
Printed Labels- I personalized my own, if you don't know how to create your own click onto this link to the Tip Junkie for free printables.  


Moving right along, take the snacks out and put them in the treat bags. I stacked mine as if it were a real s'more with 2 pieces of the Herseys Chocolate.  Cut your pieces of ribbon and tie the top of the bags and place them into boxes!  Cut out your labels and attach it with double sided tape! 

Photobucket
These are a couple of reasons why I think they are so "pre-school" friendly.....all the snacks were packaged so if a parent or teacher didn't want them to eat it they could manage to get it home.  Two because to me there seems to be peanut allergies in almost every class these days.  That little treat combo was all peanut free!!  

Here of the pictures of my daughter's class today for their Halloween Parade to the "Pumpkin Patch" which was full of decorated pumpkins and jack o lanterns created by the classrooms.  

(In the photos please note my energetic, lively, humorous lady love bug was what I found out terrified of the carved pumpkins and ended up getting overly upset)  All I can say is thank goodness I found out this today!!!  Poor little girl looking at the photos broke heart!  But after you will see when she got back to her classroom and away from the jack o lanterns....life got a little better for her!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Little sister Margaret waiting to video the parade with the Flip
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were singing songs & the were told a story, but she knew the pumpkins were right next to her
Photobucket
I'm not sure what her look to me was either "Are you kidding me with this Mom" or "Could you please get me out of here!"
Photobucket
{Insert my Tears & Crushed Heart Here}
I would have never guessed carved pumpkins would bring her to this!  Good thing for the Martha Stewart Halloween Central on her web with plenty of non scary pumpkin ideas, for when we do ours tomorrow!  
We quickly went to the ladies room and when we were done the class was going back to their room! Emma was able to hand out her treats to her friends were she was happily content for the rest of the afternoon~ with No Pumpkins in the room!
                                      Photobucket

Peace, Love & Pre-school Treats,
Stacy

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Rebekah! I love making my girls feel good by sharing something fun with their friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! LOL at that mom, hahaha. I needed a good laugh this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- it's Jen, Taylors mom. Thanks for the treats, they are adorable! I had no idea all that happened with Emma! Poor thing! I'm glad she was better after getting away from the pumpkins! The blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Thanks for checking out the blog! Glad you enjoyed them ;) The class was adorable yesterday ~ I'm hoping after we carve a pumpkin tonight she gets it's not real and scary! Who'd a thought....not me :)

    ReplyDelete