Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Avocado Roasted Garlic Quinoa Salad

Typically you will see all sweets and parties here!  But today I wanted quickly to share with you a delicious and healthy salad ~ Avocado Quinoa (keen-wa) Salad



3 cups of cooked room temp or cold quinoa 
(for the roasted garlic flavor I use Roland brand and I cook it in vegetable stock)
1 can of reduced sodium black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup of room temperature corn
1 pint a little less or more of grape tomatoes cut in half
 2 avocados cut up into ¼ to ½ pieces
¼ of chopped red onions

Dressing~ (make you dressing 1st let it come together for about 30 minutes if not longer) this dressing is so good!  Make an extra batch and save it for a taco salad or marinate some chicken! 

¼ of grape seed oil or a scant less
¼ of fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
1 chopped and minced clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger root
Dash of kosher salt
3-4 teaspoons of chopped cilantro ( more if you want to, I like just enough cilantro I don’t like to over do it)

Mix all the salad ingredients, then mix in the dressing and let it chill for at least an hour to let it all come together.  


Enjoy!  Do you like quinoa?  Its all the health rage now I think or apart of it with the amount of protein and heath benefits it has to offer.  How do you eat or serve the grain.  Let me know I would love to hear!

Peace Love & Quinoa~






4 comments:

  1. Quinoa is an awesome gluten free alternative. I cook mine with GF chicken broth for a nice flavor. I plan on adding raisins and apricots next time - just like my couscous recipe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The service and personal attention we received from Mr Pedro was exceptional and beyond what we were expecting! His knowledge of the local and national market and his commitment in finding us the best rate helped us in our search for our dream home. As first time home buyers everything was new to us and the most important thing we wanted was someone we could trust. He was there for us every step of the way. I'm glad we chose his services and would recommend Mr Pedro to anyone buying a home or expanding his / her business with an affordable loan rate in return.”
    Contact Pedro a loan officer
    Email : pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete