Monday, May 24, 2010

Our little cupcake turned 1!

The party turned out fantastic despite the rain that set me back a bit and sent us into re-organizing the party set-up mode to inside, but a few hours later the sun came out and the birthday girl & her quests both big & small had a wonderful day!

All the desserts for the sweet table were all baked & decorated by me with lots of love for my little love bug~
Her very first cake.....layers of white & strawberry cake, vanilla buttercream icing covered in fondant


We had 3 types of white cake cupcakes with very flavorful buttercreams~
the birthday cupcakes were vanilla buttercream



My favorite Raspberry Chambord buttercream~



And a new one I thought of that morning and everyone LOVED it!  
Orange Creamcicle buttercream, flavored it with orange juice & cointreau liquer.  It tasted exactly like the frozen popsicles!!



So all in all along with the cupcakes, cake there were brownie pops, strawberry & cream cheese cake balls, and sugar cookies decorated with fondant.  All the colors of the party!!  
Then there was Maggie's Sweet Shop for the little guests to enjoy on there way home~


The birthday girl enjoying her cake & cupcakes with her sissy's~


Again, I got a few ideas from a very creative woman Amy Atlas!  
Thank you also to the TomKat Studio for the adorable cupcake labels & the Margaret circle I used for the  cake!  As I mentioned above, the rain came so quickly and was not in the forecast forcing us to move everything inside at the last moment, I had planned on using her DIY printed circles on the sweet shop but ran out of time, because before I knew it all the guest were there and I had to get into the kitchen to cook filet mignon sliders with caramelized onions and blue cheese crumbles!   
Check out both of their websites each one have tasteful & darling ideas for your parties:
www.amyatlas.com
http://www.tomkatstudio.blogspot.com or visit her shop at www.etsy.com
Check out some of the other blogs that I follow for some ideas and fabulous giveaways they have from time to time.  

The DIY details were as follows~
The backdrop- an art canvas covered in pink silk fabric with 2 banners.  The banners were 2" scallop cutouts on a lime green ribbon.  The cutouts were secured on the ribbon with pearlized buttons bought at Michael's. 
 The cupcake sticks for the brownie pops, pom-poms along the back of the table and ofcourse the DIY printable labels from TomKat Studio! Lastly, I had cut out squares from the colors of the party and put them behind the white house screen I had and used it for Maggies Sweet Shop!  Loved the way that looked!  

It was a blast and I had such a great time putting this all together!  I think for my first table this wasn't so bad, I can't wait for the next one and I learned a lot of what to do and not to do so my next one will be a lot less stressful for sure!    The most memorable "ah-ha" moment I had was the night before I was going to decorate the cake, I woke up at 3am and thought "I know what to do to the top tier of the cake....I'll create the banner"!  That was my most favorite thing to of pulling it all together!  








5 comments:

  1. You did a Great job! Thanks for sharing;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party! Love all the colors. The little house behind the "sweet shop" is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY adorable {and the party was cute too!} ;)

    ReplyDelete